This award highlights the importance of the patient within today’s healthcare environment. It recognises work that has made a significant and measurable difference to a specific group of patients to support understanding and to raise the standard of care. It can include uncovering, communicating and acting on new patient insights to improve the patient journey. The team involved should demonstrate true patient centricity and deliver an enhanced patient experience through interactions, tools and services. Eligible initiatives will have modified the perception and/or behaviour of patients to contribute to the achievement of one or more of the following:
- Improved understanding of the condition and its treatment
- Improved self-management or monitoring
- Improved adherence
- Improved access to treatment.
- Patient or professional associations/bodies
- Providers of healthcare services around the world (such as the NHS/Department of Health in the UK)
- Pharmaceutical, biotech, ethical life science, OTC and medical device/diagnostic company teams
- Healthcare agencies/consultancies.
Below is where the judges will be focusing their scores. Write your entries accordingly.
Judging criteriaExecutive Summary – 200 words (not scored)
- If you are nominated for an award, PMGroup may publish extracts from this summary, so ensure that it contains no confidential or sensitive information. No other part of your entry will be reproduced and the main content of your entry will remain confidential at all times.
- Demonstrate how you gained deep and meaningful insights into patient needs
- Demonstrate how your objectives related to all stakeholders and reinforced each other
- The rigour and ambition of your objective-setting
- Demonstrate how you aimed to address patient needs in your strategy
- Describe how you segmented the patient population and addressed specific needs
- Demonstrate what specific insights led to your choice of particular strategy
- Evidence of differentiated content being provided in a meaningful way to customers either through an integrated multichannel programme or carefully selected channels
- Evidence of differentiation and enhanced value for the patient
- Demonstrate how metrics have been applied to measure outcomes, take further action and enable learning
- Demonstrate how data captured is being leveraged and used to adapt strategy and tactics on an ongoing basis
- Measure of change in patient outcomes and direct patient feedback
- Evidence of customer engagement and positive supportive statements from patients (and, where appropriate, HCPs)